Friday, October 15, 2010
The Future: Uncertain
Gen. Uzi Dayan said that Galant, our new War Chief, should prepare for war because:
(1) The USA is leaving Iraq and no one what will happen: it can break up following ethnic and religious lines, it can turn a religious subordinate of Iran, it can hold and become a secular counterforce to Iran. Just in case, Saudi Arabia is building a 800 km border fence.
(2) There are a million Iraqi refugees in Jordan.
(3) Egypt is closing its Mubarak Sr. era.
(4) Lebanon political situation is fragile and civil war may start any moment.
(5) Turkey has chosen to join the anti-American Iran-Syria axis
(6) The Middle East, as a whole, is fast becoming warmer and drier.
(7) Iran is arming itself with nuclear ballistic missiles.