Reading the writings of the perpetrator of the Oslo massacre he mentions the Viennese School. What school? It seems to me that he is referring to The Gates of Vienna blog.
This morning the blog mentioned Fjordman, a Scandinavian blogger and commenter. He has nothing to do with the whole business, I am sure of it. Fjordman writes in The Gates of Vienna, Jihad Watch, Atlas Shrugs, The Brussels Journal and Fjordman's own (now defunct) blog on the islamization of Europe. He is strongly pro-Israel and accuses European governments to have formed an alliance that Bat Ye'or calls Eurabia. They share the idea frequently found in American blogs, that Western governments are intend on replacing their core population by third world immigrants. He has always strongly condemned any violence.
The ever alert Steve Hsu found out what is the Vienna school of thought (Goggle translation from Norwegian):
- Cultural Conservatism (anti-multiculturalism)I thought I knew what the Viennese School was, but I may have been wrong. Pic.: Arnold Schoenberg.
- [Against] Islamization
- anti-authoritarian (resistance to all authoritarian ideologies of hate)
- Pro-Israel/forsvarer of non-Muslim minorities in Muslim countries
- Defender of the cultural aspects of Christianity
- Revealing Eurabia project and the Frankfurt School (ny-marxisme/kulturmarxisme/multikulturalisme)
- Is not an economic policy and can collect everything from socialists to capitalists